Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Watched Betrayed on DIVA last night. It was contrived and convoluted--I almost expected it to have been written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, except that there was no cameo appearance that started out short and got longer and longer and supporting-actor-longer. The teleplay had such weak punch lines as "It's not your baby" and "By the way, it's a girl."

DIVA is evidently a woman's channel. Its biggest mistake, to me, could be showing movies that are substitutes for cheap romance novels, which portray men not as they are but as women wish them to be.

Having said all that, I watch DIVA movies while knitting or resting from knitting because I like their clean and cozy settings. They are partial to the seaside, the riverside, lakes, lagoons, forests, and gardens--nonetheless derivative of, or is it fixated on, that old film Message In A Bottle.

As I am encoding this, I am tuned to Sweet Surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment