Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015

"Buying Mirrors" (Night of Saturday, September 19, 2015)

Events of the Day:

A quiet day for me. Angelique was at university and Aubrey was in her room most of the time.

Loads of things to do--knitting, writing, gardening, among others. Yet, I took the day in slow motion and relaxed.

In the evening, P., an antique dealer, text-messaged to inform me that he would be delivering an item I ordered, but didn't show up.

Feeling quite vexed that Return of the Condor Heroes and Gong Palace do not show on weekends. Funny how non-Catholic countries subconsciously continue to follow Catholic traditions.

Angelique and C. arrived 12:30 MN after their general assembly. C. slept over.


The Dream:

I am in the commercial center of Cubao. I am in a big shop that reminds me of Henry's furniture store. I am hunting mirrors because I would rather hang them than paintings on my walls, and I can't seem to have enough of them (both in my dream and in reality, actually). I cannot find mirrors of the right dimensions. Henry advises me to go to __________ because they have a wider variety of mirrors for sale there. He does have one right-sized mirror but it is more suited to a gym. I pass on it.

I step outside and smoke a cigarette, then catch myself wondering why I am dallying when I could very well proceed to __________ and do some browsing there. Once I am on the ground floor I take a seat to watch a video featuring a female emcee leading a series of physical exercises. It is quite hilarious.

Two teenage boys sit on the chairs beside me, but there is not enough room and the boy next to me has to snuggle up close to me. I stand up and someone introduces me to the store manager. After brief pleasantries I go back to my chair and note that a Caucasian man has picked up my blue Ralph Lauren bag. I intercept him but discover that it is not my bag. I apologize, pick up my two bags (the blue Ralph Lauren and a long package on a trolley which makes me suspect that I bought a mirror after all). The skies outside are getting overcast. I need to get home.


My Interpretation:

In all of my dreams ceiling lights and mirrors represent psychic vision. I am called upon to hone and use this ability, yet, in this dream, there are the two key words and phrases "gym" and "a series of physical exercises", meaning that I need to achieve balance and ground myself at the same time.

I have been dreaming about two teenage boys for some time now, and they are probably boys in the neighborhood who know me as a mage and want to take lessons under me. The Caucasian man is a former student who has been out of touch for too long, because he is in a foreign country.

My psyche, symbolized by the store manager, tells me to pick up my bags and go home before it rains.


No comments:

Post a Comment