Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Swiftly Fly The Years

When Angelique was three years old and recuperating from fever, I brought home a toy whistle and gave it to her. I showed her how to blow air through it in order for it to make a sound. She was unable to, and even said, after several tries, "Hindi ko kaya" in her soft voice.

In July this year, during Aubrey's 16th birthday celebration, Hedwig came to purchase a few items for me to eventually give away as Christmas gifts. Among them was my tambuli, made of a tamaraw horn, which I used as a prop in a four-panel painting I made of four of the seven Philippines winds. All of us tried to blow it, but only Angelique, now 20 years old, succeeded! Of course we were all green with envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment