Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Friday, June 26, 2015

Dear R.,

I deactivated from facebook ten months ago, leaving thousands of friends behind, and I realized only now that you were among them. I hope that you somehow come upon this message. I hope that you did not feel abandoned. I am still here for you, should you be able to reach me.

There are many things I want to know about you at this time. Are you making progress in obtaining a college degree? Do you have a good job? Do you still have the same girlfriend--are you engaged or married? Do you still practice magic?

It was very difficult for me to continuously reach out to you, especially whenever you were feeling so lost. You were confused and you were burdened by your love-hate relationship with your father. As we all know your father and I share many similarities. I know that this always made you feel uncomfortable. I was always afraid that, at some point, I would merely become an object of transference.

Before I retired, on one of my work-related travels, I buried your ____ in a woody glen near a river. I decided that it might be more auspicious for you if I turned it over to Nature. We can make another one, after all, should we meet again and should we have to.

Please inform me beforehand if you intend to come back to the Philippines. You are always welcome here.You will always be my son and I will always be your second father, but only if you need me that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment