Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Very Special Gift From My Spiritual Son

My spiritual son gave me a very special gift tonight: a ring struck after my countenance. He connived with my daughter-in-law Ivy, when she was still alive, for her to take photos of Julie Lluch's bust of me, which this ring is modeled after. The artist wanted to include the magical rings I am wearing on the bust. Since my hands do not show in the ring, he sculpted them, instead, in my hair. They are minuscule, but can be seen through a magnifying lens.

This ring means so much to me, more than all my other rings, which is saying a lot, because I have at least 36. It is a symbol not of me but of my spiritual son's and my daughter-in-law's love for me. I know that Ivy can see this ring, and that she is extremely pleased with how it turned out.






No comments:

Post a Comment