Two Sunday evenings ago I came upon Angelique silently weeping in her bedroom. I asked her what the matter was--I was thinking at first that it was something about her best friend or about her school org. She said that she missed her mom. I told her that it was all right to weep. I held her in my arms for a while and told her that her mom is now in her heart, and the best thing she can do for her mom is to excel in her studies and have a successful career. I know that that is what her mom always wanted.
It's been a little more than two months since Ivy passed away. Angelique keeps a picture of her on her rolltop desk. I am certain that Aubrey does too. I am certain that Aubrey also weeps, but she is more secretive than Angelique and shuts her bedroom door most of the time; one has to knock first before being allowed to peek in.
Remembering a song by Abba.
"Chiquitita, you and I know/
How the heartaches come and they go/
And the scars they're leaving/
You'll be dancing once again/
And the pain will end/
You will have no time for grieving/
"Chiquitita, you and I cry/
But the sun is still in the sky/
And shining above you/
Let me hear you sing once more/
Like you did before/
Sing a new song, chiquitita/
"Try once more like you did before/
Sing a new song, chiquitita/"
No comments:
Post a Comment