Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Thursday, June 18, 2015

MERALCO has finally inspected our front area, and we are working on the installation of an independent light meter for the prospective cafe. M. and one of his workpersons are now covering the transoms, per MERALCO's recommendation. M. has shown me a draft of our contract, which looks good.

In all, I screened four applicants over the past four months for our front space:

--An Arab and his Filipina wife who wanted to open "any business" I wanted. I ruled them out because, psychically, I saw that the Arab was planning to abandon his wife as soon as the business was established, after which the wife and her relatives would all move in.

--A middle-aged woman who operates an Internet cafe and a digital printing shop in Market! Market!, who seemed okay except that I wasn't sure that she had good taste.

--Two young women who wanted to put up a beauty salon but didn't have enough capital to launch it.

--And, at last, M., a young entrepreneur from the Visayas who I felt would be very successful with his venture.

My dream was to have a jazz cafe with a bar, music, and dim lighting for an art crowd, which, of course, would not make money. M. wants his market mass-based, offering all-day breakfast, hot and cold drinks, lunchtime and suppertime meals, and free delivery to surrounding offices. His cafe will be open 9:00 AM through 3:00 AM everyday.

However, with M., I know that I am not dealing with an atchay.

No comments:

Post a Comment