Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Thursday, June 18, 2015

My spirit guides saved me from disaster again.

I was attracted to a pair of faux Syrian lanterns and was all set to buy them, but something told me to take a closer look--sure enough, the panes were made not of glass but of colored spotlight gels, the casing panels were made of tooled copper sheets flimsily spot-welded together, and everything would fall apart and end up as junk after a few months. Not to mention the plastic beads, which looked like they were salvaged from cheap chandeliers in the trash bin--every bead even had two holes for connectors to go through!

I pity the people who fell for this visually artificial ruse.

No comments:

Post a Comment