Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Friday, October 30, 2015

Finished watching Monk's Hood from the Brother Cadfael series. A delightful episode, as the book is. Whenever I am inside Brother Cadfael's herbarium a.k.a. workshop I feel like building one for myself. Even if I were to have a clumsy assistant like Oswyn.

Prior Robert embodies all clergy who are obsessive-compulsive and power-driven. I know so many priests like that. And religious professors.

Love that chest with iron straps, the huge copper pans and water vessels in the infirmary, Brother Cadfael's leather satchel, and those leather scrips a.k.a. pouches tied to the men's belts. You might see me wearing one someday.

Also love that line: "No man is measured by the love he gives to others, but by how much he is loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment