Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Finished watching Sleeping Murder. The production sure took liberties. It doesn't end like the book does at all. Its ending in the DVD seems somewhat tailored after the ending of Three Little Pigs. I don't recall that the theater ensemble played a huge part in the book, and I missed the terrace that one side of the house opened onto, with the stone steps and the plants beneath which Helen's body was supposed to have been buried. In all, the book is a lot more introspective than the DVD, told almost solely from the point of view of the protagonist.

A nice supporting role played by Geraldine Chaplin nonetheless, a lovely necklace with sardonyx stones which I'm sure most viewers mistake for rubies or garnets, and a scene in which Flit Insect Spray, which I have neither seen nor heard of since I was a child, appears.

The house was all right, although, when I imagined it, it was bigger and had brighter walls.

And of course I know why the DVD detracted from the original. Had it not done so, Miss Marple would have figured as a mere extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment