Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"The Curriculum" (Night of Monday, October 19, 2015)

Events of the Day:

Slept through 11:00 AM and then had lunch with the granddaughters. Angelique visited her classmate in the afternoon.

The storm was still raging in the north. A news report stated that the Angat Dam water level slightly increased (as opposed to the water levels at all the other dams that had to open floodgates to release water), and that it would assure us of no drought for only half a month, or 15 days.

Watched the second version of Game of Death and The Way of the Dragon on DVD.


The Dream:

I am inside an open gymnasium [bridge to different places of training] in ____________________ University. It is summer time [bridge to my desire for the storm to end], and I have been asked to do a five-day workshop in magic involving emotional truth exercises for undergraduate students. I ask the students to arrange their seats in a circle.

I write a diagram on the blackboard. I am amazed, as I lucidly dream, that the diagram summarizes my entire curriculum, and that I can draw vertical lines and horizontal lines through the diagram's content so that they make sense both ways [bridge to the letter square SATOR-ARETO-TENET-OTERA-ROTAS]. I then prime the students for the emotional truth exercises.

A nun hurries by and gathers six of the students to leave; she is afraid of the emotional truth exercises. More and more students come in, however, and I have to ask them to sit in a second, outer, circle round the first circle of chairs.

I walk over to a refrigerator in a nearby kitchen to pick up mineral water bottles for the students [bridge to water as a symbol of emotion and as a source of life and nourishment].


My Interpretation:

I wrote down the dream diagram as soon as I woke up because I had never, in my conscious life, thought of that diagram before.

I believe that the trigger for this dream was my successive viewings of Bruce Lee's movies. I am always amazed by his physique and his fighting technique, and also by his discipline and passion for training, though the latter two took their toll on his body in the end. He is partial to children, but he acquiesced to become one of my spirit guides. He once visited my "Bruce Lee altar" containing some of my son Nelson's souvenirs of him, and scrutinized it with much amusement.

Both my spirit guide and my psyche are telling me, in this dream, that, while kung fu and jeet kwan do are used in physical warfare, complete discipline and training in emotional truth are used in magical warfare. They are also telling me that true spirituality is unreachable to many people because of their denial of the roles that emotions play.

Before the dream ended my spirit guide informed me that even if I should write down my curriculum in great detail, no one can teach it the way I can. Indeed, a few years ago, my workshops were videotaped at the Quezon City Drug Rehabilitation Center and at the Department of Education in Marinduque with the staff members' intention of replicating my work in the future, but I know that they will always be unable to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment