Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Your e-mail message:

"Manong, I saw you (dream) a few days back.
I was standing in a void, observing, as if waiting for something.
You appeared wearing light colored denim, white shirt w/ print.
Just like last time, I was looking at your face but I couldn't see your eyes.
They were looking down.
Your right foot in front of the other.  It wasn't a stance.  You were going to take
 steps towards me.  Your right arm stretched, bent at the elbow, your hand  was
gesturing as if to say, "xxxxx, ganito 'yan...."
Then that was it.  Very brief.
If you indeed came to give instructions, next time, can you pls. stay a little longer.
I need more instructions and I've got a lot of questions.

"Patanong lang po sa panaginip.
My wife and I were at an entertainment venue (concert or movie theater).
There was an emergency and everybody had to leave.
Everybody was being ushered out of the building.  It was orderly but since there were a lot
of people, it was creating a bottleneck going down the stairs.  Sabi ko, "Matagal 'yan,  Dito tayo
sa kabila."  Which was to the left side of the building, yet unfinished. It looked like it was being renovated or
it was newly constructed with all the construction materials scattered around.   We entered through a window and encounterd a small puddle.  We walked around it and headed for the stairwell.  My wife encountered
a construction crew and he asked, "Ba't kayo nandito?"  She replied by nodding up.  I spoke and said, "Pababa lang kami, pare."  We instead went to an elevator going down.  It opened at the basement parking lot.  It was a basement parking but it looked a little fancy.  I looked ahead and saw a grade school classmate.  I know he saw me but pretended he didn't.  He was a security guard.  He rose from his chair and fixed something from a board and went back to his seat.  I lead my wife to an entrance at our left.  It introduced us to a fancy restaurant.  We were a little sweaty from the walking but it was a relief being inside because we were about to eat.  All the while I was leading her, she held on to me by my finger.

"Second part.
My wife and I were walking/driving.
I had to relieve myself so  we stopped at a place which initially looked like a strip mall, and when we entered, the place turned into like an airport.  The place was themed after brutalism where it was all concrete and no paint and color.  I asked somebody for directions to the restroom.  The entrance was a big glass wall with an opening.  It was covered wall to wall in old tiles.  Upon entrance there were red couches.  You turn to the left and it's where the cubicles, sinks and shower stalls were.  There was a few inches indention on the floor that acted as a canal where a yellow stream flowed.  I was wondering what it was.  When I was to take my pee, I saw another grade school classmate and other people wrapped around in towel about to or has just taken a shower.  I know these people. They know me but was ignoring me.  They were talking to each other mentally.  Laughing, having a nice time, but there were no words.  When I was through, and was about to walk out, all the showerheads and faucets started to run with the yellow substance.  I realized it was a mixture of water and pee.  It was flowing out through the canal.  Then I said, "Pa'no ba 'yan?"  Bewildered about the liquid.

"Third part.
I was in a wet market playing with brown/black crabs.
My son came and we both played. 
He pointed out a crab behind me.  I thought it was going to pinch me so I moved.  But it didn't . Then it became two crabs.  Then we left.

"Part four.
I was looking at the ground while walking inside a building. I was wearing board shorts.  I think it was a hotel.
I opened the glass door and I was out into the sun.  I looked up and there was a building a little far off.  At my front was a swimming pool.  I recognized my son was behind me.  I jumped into the pool and my son followed.  We were having a nice time.  I dived and a crab (like the crabs from the previous dream) stopped in front of me.  We were staring at each other.  It's eyes elongated and rolled around in a playful banter then went on its way.  When I went up the pool was starting to smell fishy as more crabs gathered. I decided to go.  I called out to my son, " 'Tara na."  He said he's having a nice time and wanted us to stay. I said the pool's getting dirty so we should go.  He said ok.

"Your thoughts pls.
"Thank you."


My reply:

Hello ____!

The trigger for the dream was the terrorist attack at Bataclan Theatre in Paris. The incident aroused your dread of mortality, which was the emotional springboard for your dream.

The first part of your dream is an optimistic narrative. You will rescue your wife at all costs, and your wife still loves you even if she is holding on to you merely by your finger. Note that you say, "Dito tayo sa kabila," illustrating that you are capable of creative, if not unconventional, problem-solving. 

Dream locations such as restaurants indicate a hunger for affection or attention. Airports, train stations, and bus stations indicate that you are at the threshold of a major transition.

The appearance of grade school classmates indicates to me a fixation at that stage when the most important people to you were your peers. It is this boy inside you that could be preventing you from loving your wife as she deserves to be loved, for it seems that you are still constantly trying to prove yourself to other people. The mixture of water and urine that comes down from the showers, however, also indicates to me that you are slowly becoming consciously repelled by this fixation.

While the first two parts of your dream are about your wife, the last two parts are about your son, whom you love and is one of the main reasons why you desire to keep your family together. Your dream articulates your fear that your son will take on your negative habits and become like you in life. The dream, however, ends on a positive note. You take him away before the pool water becomes completely dirty.

In this dream, water from the showers and water in the pool represent not only emotion but a wish-fulfillment of cleansing.

The wet market is the residence of your primal instincts, while the crabs are your repressed urges. In this particular dream the crabs collectively represent your Shadow.

Congratulations on being able to remember your dreams. All dreams contain a description of your present situation and your psyche's prescription of the action you should take.

I look forward to the improvement of your status and your successful journey of self-discovery toward your having a loving family whom you can ably and adequately support.

No comments:

Post a Comment