Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Monday, July 27, 2015

Good morning, Cubao!

Moved my Julie Lluch bust to the writing area. It seems like the height of vanity, I know, I know, but we are rearranging things and it would seem even more vain to place it elsewhere (foyers, living room, dining room). And, no, my small, captain's cabin bedroom cannot accommodate it.




In foreground: Raw ore from a mining company (featured in my book The Departed: Encounters of the Spirit Questors with Spirits of the Deceased).



Round the head is an antique, Maranao handong. Pink is, surprisingly, the color of one of the Maranao tribes, and it is considered by them to be a masculine, warrior's color. 

Round the neck is my GEATAO talisman, said to have been made by the late talisman maker Tomas Nazaire.





GEATAO... (Name of Spirit)

TE APELA... (I beseech you.) [Not, repeat, not, TIAPALA.]

RECANTAR ITE... (To once again sing your praises thus.) [Not, repeat, not, RECANTARITAS.]

No comments:

Post a Comment