Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Friday, August 28, 2015

Ever since I was in high school, commuting in the rain and walking in it under an umbrella were pleasurable experiences. What I enjoyed most was passing office and residence windows lighted from within by incandescents. They were magical lanterns in the dark to me, and always made me feel warm and cozy. I also felt that the people who lived within were nice and friendly.

Today our house has many windows--on the south side facing the street. on the east side facing the compound driveway. I light our incandescent lamps whenever it is raining. I sit by a window reading, writing, or knitting, from time to time watching the pleased faces of passersby. I know that that is how I looked like many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment