Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Looking back at my long and circuitous journey of building and decorating our home, I realize that I took the superfluous way that others don't. I bought everything I liked and then simply eliminated what I decided I no longer liked or got tired of easily.

I did this because, unlike many others, I am not easily content. I want to have something for some time before deciding whether I want to keep it or not. I don't like asking myself "what ifs" such as "What if I'd bought that rare statue instead of passing up on it?" What if I had two refs instead of one? What if I had a huge painting that covered an entire wall? What if everything were in earth tones? What if I had steel, instead of wood, dominate a room?

Instead of asking myself, "What if I'd bought one in the other color instead?" I go ahead and buy all the colors I like, and then I decide.

Considering that prices go up quickly, my way frequently proved cheaper in the long run. Especially if things go out of stock and are no longer produced long after you wished you had them.

Besides, what I decide not to keep, I give away as gifts to people whom I love.

I've taken the most risks in building and decorating than I ever did in writing and painting, and I don't regret a single thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment