Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

During the last year of my retirement I intended to stay through my very last day in the office. Early on, however, my psyche began priming me for my post-retirement life, sending me more workshops, painting commissions, writing projects, and other matters than usual. I filed for early retirement a month earlier than scheduled. It was the Christmas break. I slipped away quietly and unobtrusively. When my co-workers came back to work after the holiday, I was no longer there.

Looking back at my last year at work, I see what a different person I was then. Barely eleven months later, I know that I am not that same person. If I had coffee with a co-worker today he/she would surely be terrified to see that I am not what he/she always thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment