Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Good night, Cubao!

Finished watching the Sleepy Hollow DVD my sister Sylvia gave me. Loved those warm countryscapes interspersed with the indigo-and-black-and-white scenes. I kept the subtitles on; they are always a big help when voices are low and I want to know how names and occasional words are spelled.

Delicious props: quills, the seal and sealing wax, the investigation and autopsy tools, Ichabod Crane's notebook, which the Spirit Questors' notebooks are named after, the wall sconces, the blue-and-white teacup, the iron and tin lanterns, and, of course, the Tree of the Dead, which McFarlane further immortalized. That one, faux amber, fiberglass drinking cup looked very dubious, though. And, surprisingly, there wasn't much jewelry.

This to me is the best Johnny Depp, and is a movie I will watch again and again and again. Thank God I have this and the Pirates series, which to me are the second best Johnny Depps.

No comments:

Post a Comment