Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Neighborhood of The Birds

The Neighborhood of The Birds
Photo by Angelique Pearl Miranda, May 17, 2015

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Bought DVDs of Bangkok Haunted 1 and Bangkok Haunted 2. My granddaughters are monitoring the first, which I'd already seen on the big screen years ago, and I, the second. I believe that Thai horror movies are the best in Asia. Their directors and their writers have original ideas and cinematic imagination. I'm not saying they're perfect--they do have non-sequiturs.

Philippine horror movies will never come up to par with Thai horror movies because Philippine horror movies are usually derivative of other, foreign, movies. Local producers are afraid of taking the risk of investing their money in the original, in the untried, and in the untested.

No comments:

Post a Comment